top of page

How we Make a Difference

We take swift action on all liability and compensation claims because of their notoriously lengthy processing times.

We act quickly to gather the medical evidence needed for our clients' liability claims, so they can keep moving forward with confidence. 

We utilise Provisional Access to Medical Treatment (PAMT) so our clients can build personalised care teams and access the necessary treatments they require.

We offer comprehensive assistance in claiming Household Services support, providing assistance to individuals with accepted conditions so they can maintain their living arrangements in peace.

Incapacity Payments

Are you Eligible for Incapacity Payments?

Incapacity payments provide financial relief to those whose careers have been affected by a service-related injury or illness. These payments offer essential economic compensation for loss of wages and assist in easing the burden on individuals in difficult circumstances. The amount you receive is based on the gap between your standard earning potential before being affected and how much money you can earn due to a reduced capacity.

You'll need to demonstrate evidence of your medical condition to be eligible for incapacity payments. This requires the use of a current medical certificate that shows the following:

  • Confirmation of your being incapacitated for work

  • Confirmation of whether your incapacitation is due to service-related conditions

  • Information regarding the degree of incapacity (wholly or partially incapacitated) 

  • Your employment-related restrictions

  • The start and predicted end dates of your incapacity period

Applying for Incapacity Payments

Ensure you have access to your most recent four ADF pay slips, prior to applying for incapacity payments.

The application for incapacity payments requires the following information:


Please note: You will be required to inform the DVA in the event of the following: 

  • Any educational pursuits you embark upon, whether your studies are full-time or part-time in nature

  • You obtain any financial gain from other sources (e.g., Commonwealth Superannuation etc.)

  • Alterations to your Commonwealth superannuation payments

  • A change of address or contact information

  • If you plan to be away from home for more than three months or live abroad

Eligible Young Person Payment (MRCA s80 Payment)

Are you or a member of your family an EYP (Eligible Young Person)?

An EYP is a young individual who depends on a veteran for financial support, either partially or wholly. This includes any young individual who is currently living with a veteran or who would have been living with a veteran but is unable to due to the veteran being unwell, temporarily absent from work, or if they are liable to pay child support.


An EYP can receive educational support thanks to the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme. This includes an annual allowance for primary school students and a fortnightly stipend available to secondary attendees. With these resources in place, eligible young people can access potential pathways towards success!

EYP support is available to dependents of severely impaired veterans. To be considered for EYP support, the following criteria need to be met:

  • ​An amount of financial compensation has been granted to this veteran through MRCA due to the impact their impairment had.

  • Impairment has been measured at 80+ Impairment Points, which indicates significant difficulty.

  • The veteran has received or is entitled to a MRCA PI payment.

Applying for EYP Support

EYP support can be requested after a veteran has completed their assessment with 80 points or above (severely impaired). The DVA can be contacted to obtain the relevant paperwork.

Special Rate Disability Pension (SRDP)

Are you eligible for a Special Rate Disability Pension? 

A special rate disability payment, or SRDP, is an alternative form of compensation for individuals who have served their country in the military and have developed conditions due to their service (on or after July 1, 2004). The SRDP provides a way for those with severely limited capacity for work because of their service to receive periodic payments as an alternative to incapacity payments.

Who is Eligible for SRDP?

You may be eligible for Special Rate Disability Pension if you:

  • Have been assessed and have received 50 or more impairment points for an injury or disease that is expected to affect you permanently

  • Currently receive incapacity payments

  • Have previously been in receipt of incapacity payments, but they have been reduced to nil due to offsetting

  • You have been assessed as being unable to work more than 10 hours per week, which is unlikely to change with treatment and rehabilitation

Notification of SRDP eligibility will be received in writing. Upon receipt of the SRDP notification, you will have 12 months to decide whether to proceed. To proceed with the Special Rate Disability Pension, you should consult a financial advisor due to the financial implications involved.

Please note: If your situation changes (i.e., you return to work), you may no longer qualify for SRDP payments. However, if applicable criteria are again met in the future, eligibility can be reinstated.


  • Receiving the SRDP could impact your eligibility for other government benefits like Child Support Agency and Tax benefit.

  • The SRDP rate is based on an exclusive Special Rate of Disability Compensation Payment established in the VEA. When permanent impairment compensation has been or will be paid, these two rates counterbalance each other with a dollar-for-dollar offset.

  • If you hold superannuation through the Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme or the Military Superannuation Benefits Scheme, SRDP offers a significant offset of 60 cents on every dollar of your Commonwealth-funded component.

  • Ex-service members deemed eligible for SRDP under MRCA may benefit from the additional financial support available through the Veterans Entitlement Act or Social Security legislation.

  • Before taking advantage of the SRDP, ensure you seek professional financial counselling and guidance. DVA can help cover associated costs up to a predetermined limit.

Get in touch with our team for additional information on how we can assist you with preparing evidence to be considered for the SRDP.

bottom of page